Slow cooked beef, caramelized onions and green peppers all on a hoagie bun and toasted with melted cheese—these Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches rock!
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 pound boneless beef round steak (1-inch thick), trimmed of fat, cut into 1x¼-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons garlic-pepper blend
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into rings
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef-flavor instant bouillon
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 4 (1-ounce) slices provolone cheese, halved
In medium bowl, combine margarine and onions; mix to coat. Sprinkle beef with garlic-pepper blend and salt. In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, layer half of the onions, all of the beef and the bell pepper. Top with remaining half of onions. In measuring cup, combine water and bouillon; stir until dissolved. Pour over mixture in slow cooker. Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours. About 10 minutes before serving, place bun halves, cut side up, on an ungreased cookie sheet. With slotted spoon, place beef mixture on bottom halves of buns. Top each with 2 pieces of cheese. Broil 2 to 3 inches from heat until cheese is melted and top halves of buns are toasted. Place top halves over cheese.