- 2-4 lb chuck roast, cut in large chunks
- 2 cans (10.75 oz each) cream of mushroom soup (low sodium preferred) see NOTES
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 envelopes dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tbs cream
- Thickening (if desired):
- 3 tbs flour
- ¼ cup water
- Place meat in a 5-7 quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the soups and the salad dressing mix. Pour over the top of the meat. Add the mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours or 3 on high.
- Add the cream cheese and the cream, stir and cook for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Stir making sure the cream cheese is well blended
- If thickening is desired, turn cooker to high and mix the flour and water so there are no lumps. Stir into the meat and sauce in the crock pot. Cook for 15-30 additional minutes until flour is cooked.
- TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE SINCE ALL COOKERS COOK DIFFERENTLY. THESE WERE MY TIMES–YOURS MAY REQUIRE MORE OR EVEN LESS