Prep Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time about 8 hours on low
- 1.5kg pork shoulder, chopped in half
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 150ml of honey
- 75ml of red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper (half if you’re not a spice fan!)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- Turn the slow cooker onto low, and put the chopped onions into the bottom of the cooker and place the two pork pieces on top of them.
- Mix the paprika, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, crushed garlic and thyme in a bowl. Add the honey, vinegar and oil and mix well into a paste.
- Pour the paste all over the pork pieces, ensuring that all sides are covered. It’s fine if it drips down into the bottom of the slow cooker!
- Stick the lid on the slow cooker, and cook for 6-8 hours on low. You’ll know it’s cooked because it’ll smell amazing, and the pork will shred easily with a fork.
- Serve in good quality unseeded baps with chunky coleslaw, and extra BBQ sauce if you like!