If you’re a lover of desserts then the pecan cobbler is a must-have. It’s sweet and buttery, perfect for someone with a sweet tooth for sure. It has these crunchy pecans that you will enjoy biting and it comes in a fluffy texture. The other great thing about this dessert aside from its amazing taste is the fact that preparing it is by no means complicated. In case you have heard it before then you must already be yearning for more but if you haven’t tried it yet, here’s a recipe that you could easily follow so that you get to try out some pecan pie cobbler:
While making it is easy as you can see above, there are some tips that you could follow so that you get the best pecan pie cobbler possible:
- Make sure you use authentic butter and do not substitute it for any other kind of margarine even if you’re tempted to. Remember margarine contains plenty of water content which could mean your pecan pie cobbler will be flat in terms of its taste. The fat found in real butter will give this dessert a better texture that will make eating it even better.
- You should also make sure you go for unsalted butter because this way, you will have control over the overall flavor of your dessert.
- Do not substitute brown sugar with white sugar for any reason. Besides, brown sugar contains more minerals than white so that’s a good reason to keep it.
- Make sure you follow the baking time recommended and the recommended oven temperature. Remember, there’s always a reason why professionals set those timings and temperatures. It simply means they work best!
- You should also make sure you serve it right.
Speaking of serving, the dessert is already full of flavor and it’s difficult to believe that it can taste even better, but it can. The recipe already suggests that you serve it with vanilla ice-cream which is a great idea, but it’s not the only way to go. You can drizzle some caramel sauce over the dessert to make it even sweeter. This will leave your taste buds begging for more.
If you need more reasons to prepare this pecan pie cobbler aside from the fact that making it is a simple process and that it tastes great, here we go:
- It will get you in a great mood. Putting it in your mouth will give you the pleasure that’s great for your whole well-being.
- It helps you if you’re on a weight loss journey. “How?” Well, contrary to what most people think of desserts, eating them alongside a nutritious diet will reduce your cravings for sweet things. When you choose to avoid sweet things altogether you are most likely to end up binge eating in case you get the chance to indulge.
So, there you go, a great recipe for an amazing dessert, and all the reasons you need to get into your kitchen soon and start making it.
1 Box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
2 1/2 cups light corn syrup
2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
6 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
Butter-flavor cooking spray
2 cups pecan halves
Vanilla ice cream, if desired
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Grease 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with shortening or cooking spray. Remove 1 pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13×9-inch rectangle. Place crust in dish; trim edges to fit.
2. In large bowl, stir corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with wire whisk. Stir in chopped pecans. Spoon half of filling into crust-lined dish. Remove second pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13×9-inch rectangle. Place crust over filling; trim edges to fit. Spray crust with butter-flavor cooking spray.
3. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Carefully spoon remaining filling over baked pastry; arrange pecan halves on top in decorative fashion. Bake 30 minutes longer or until set. Cool 20 minutes on cooling rack. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream