This Brocolli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole recipe is one in a million. The dish tastes absolutely amazing, and it is very rich. This dish is perfect for family gatherings or dinners, as it provides all the required nutrients.
If you’re lactose intolerant, you may want to skip the cheese. Also, this recipe does not fit into a vegan or vegetarian meal plan (because of the cheese and chicken). It does fit in perfectly with a Keto-diet, and you should have no problem if you’re on a diabetic diet; although, you may have to consult your nutritionist first.
If you’re on a weight loss diet or you just like to keep up with these things, you’ll be interested to know that this Broccoli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole recipe has an estimated 756.1 calories, 109.5 mg cholesterol; 1642.3 mg sodium; 36 g protein and 82.7 g carbohydrates; per serving.
All you’ll need to make this Broccoli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole are:
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- (2) (10 oz) cans of chunk chicken, drained
- (1) (10.75 oz) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- (1) (10.75 oz) can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen chopped broccoli
- (1) small white onion, chopped
- 1 pound processed cheese food
It’s important to note is that these quantities of ingredients are only good for around 4-6 servings, depending on the appetites and preferences of the people you’ll be serving. You may have to keep more quantities of the ingredients on hand, in case you plan on feeding more than six (6) people. You’ll have to tweak the recipe a bit, and each single ingredient has to be proportionately increased.
You also need to have extra ingredients to make special allowance for your individual taste (We recommend that you try this only when you’ve tried the recipe enough times, and you’re comfortable tweaking it).
Feel free to consult us in the comment section if things get sticky, or you have any questions about this Broccoli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole. We’ll be sure to get back to you.
You’ll need the following equipment to make this Brocolli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole recipe:
- An oven
(Preferably one that is temperature regulated)
- A saucepan
- Cooking spray or aluminum foil
(This will prevent bits of the casserole from sticking to the inside of the baking dish after baking.)
- A 9×13- inch baking dish.
For the sake of thoroughness, we’ll just go ahead and mention all the other bowls and spoons that are bound to find their way into the dishwasher at the end of this cooking session. Honestly, we don’t know how they’ll get there but you should prepare yourself.
- Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). (Preheating is done to ensure an even heat regulated space within the oven, so that all parts of the casserole can be done at the same time – both on the inside and on the outside.)
- In a saucepan, bring the water to boil.
- Mix in the instant rice, cover, and remove it from the heat. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the 9×13 inch baking dish by cleaning it thoroughly, and spraying the inside with cooking spray. (To prevent bits of the casserole from sticking to the baking dish.)
Mix the prepared rice, chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, butter, milk, broccoli, onion, and processed cheese in the 9×13 inch baking dish. You can use whatever cheese, or as many cheeses as you want.
- Cover the 9×13 inch baking dish with aluminum foil. (Aluminum foil helps with heat distribution and it helps the casserole bake better and more evenly. It also helps with moisture retention i.e. it prevents the casserole from being too dry when it is done.)
- In the preheated oven, bake it for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Stir it halfway through cooking to help cheese melt evenly.
- Last step: Don’t forget to share!