Preparation time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- The cooking time on this cake can vary! This recipe took about 60 minutes. Check your cake at 55 minutes, if it isn’t ready, continue cooking until a toothpick comes out clean (this can be up to an additional 20-30 minutes depending on your oven).
- To ensure a soft moist result:
- Ensure your ingredients are at room temperature (eggs and butter)
- You need the acidity from the lemon juice (& milk) mixture. Subbing in just milk or cream won’t work. (You can use buttermilk in its place if needed).
- When mixing your butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla, beat the mixture until VERY fluffy, almost the consistency of a fluffy buttercream frosting. This should take about 5 minutes.
- When adding the flour mixture you want to mix until just combined. Over-mixing will cause a dense chewy result.
- 1 1/3 Cup mashed ripened bananas (overripe the best)
- 2 1/2 Tbs lemon juice , divided
- 1 1/2 Cups milk
- 3 Cups flour
- 1/2 Tbs baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp salt …
Open Next Button Bellow for Full Recipe…