This easy and delicious crock pot recipe combines Thai chili rice with pineapple and chicken. It tastes a little like sweet & sour chicken, but healthier!
- 1 330 g bottle sweet chili sauce (Jufran or Mae Ploy brand)
- 1 8 oz can chunk or crushed pineapple in juice
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen)
- 2 cups fresh red, yellow, or orange bell peppers (optional)
- 2 cups fresh pea pods (optional)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (optional)
Place frozen chicken in slow cooker.
Pour chili sauce and pineapple with juice over chicken
Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 7-9 hours.*
About 45 minutes before serving slice chicken into ¾ inch slices and stir the chicken back into the sauce.
Place your choice of vegetables on top of the chicken mixture. Continue cooking in slow cooker on high until vegetables are tender crisp. (This is a good time to put your rice on to cook too.)
Serve over rice.