- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds) (I used 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked long grain rice
1.Place chicken in a 4 qt. slow cooker.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
4. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
5. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickend. Serve with chicken and rice.