- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes, with their juice
- 31 oz canned hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup(s), sliced uncooked red onion(s), chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked celery, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped green chili(es), canned (hot, medium or mild)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 pound(s) uncooked turkey sausage(s), casings removed
Mix the undrained diced tomatoes, hominy, onion, celery, broth, green chilies, oregano, cumin, pepper and cloves in a 4-, 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Crumble the sausage into quarter-sized bits over the stew; gently stir it in without breaking it up too much.
Cover and cook on low setting for 7 hours. Yields about 1 cup per serving.