- 1 lb (approximate) frozen meatballs
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup (I use low-sodium soups)
- 8 oz whole button mushrooms
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ cup sour cream
- My Meatball Recipe:
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef
- 3 slices white bread
- 2 tbs instant minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbs au jus gravy mix
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil for browning
- 1 tsp water
- Place all ingredients except sour cream in a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high approximately 3 hours. I don’t use low heat for this recipe. If you use low heat, I cannot guarantee the results but I wouldn’t cook it longer than 5 hours.
- At the end of the cook time, stir in the sour cream.
- Serve over pasta or egg noodles.
- TO MAKE MY MEATBALL RECIPE
- Place bread in a small bowl and add about 1 cup of water. Let this sit for 5 minutes, then squeeze as much water out of the bread as you can, then place the bread in a larger bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix very well.
- Shape into meatballs about 1.5-2-inches in diameter. Brown on all sides in 1-2 tbs of olive oil.
- Drain off excess fat. Add 1 tsp water, cover and simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool meatballs to room temperature, then place them on a baking sheet in a single layer, place in freezer about 1 hour until completely frozen. Store in a zipper bag in the freezer for future use. This recipe can be doubled or tripled.