Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 4 hrs 30 min
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lb) Juice and grated peel from
- 1 large lemon (about 1/4 cup juice and 1 teaspoon peel)
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped garlic (from 8-oz jar)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ chicken stock or broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken thighs in slow cooker; sprinkle with grated lemon peel, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Pour chicken stock over chicken.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; place on plate, and cover to keep warm. In small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the cornstarch, lemon juice and cream until well blended. Stir into liquid in cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened. Serve chicken with sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.