Slow Cooker Honey Cinnamon Carrots make a sweet, buttery, and addictive side dish…the perfect easy recipe for freeing up the oven and feeding a crowd, on a holiday or any day!
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon bourbon whiskey (optional)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place carrots in the bottom of a slow cooker (I used a 6-quart…choose a size that’s large enough to allow room for stirring). Stir salt and bourbon into the melted butter. Pour over the carrots in the slow cooker and toss until evenly coated. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on LOW (or 3 to 4 hours on HIGH) until carrots are tender.
- Drizzle cooked carrots with honey and vanilla and sprinkle with cinnamon. Gently stir until carrots are evenly coated with butter/honey/cinnamon mixture. Set slow cooker to WARM until ready to serve and stir well before stirring.