Serves: 4 servings
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken with crispy chicken thighs, fresh pineapple chunks, onions and bell pepper takes 15 minutes of prep and makes the perfect meal to come home to after a long workday!
- 4 Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs (bone-in and skin on)
- 2 cups pineapple cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1″ chunks
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1″ chunks
- parsley, for garnish
- Using a skillet or the cast aluminum slow cooker insert, brown your Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs on both sides for 3-5 minutes over high heat then remove them from the slow cooker.
- Add the pineapple and onion to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, grated ginger and garlic into the slow cooker.
- Carefully add the Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs back into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours
- Add the cornstarch to a tablespoon of water, mix, and add to the slow cooker with the bell peppers and let it cook an additional 30 minutes while you cook some rice to accompany your meal.
- Serve with parsley for a garnish if desired.