- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ garlic powder
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 (10.5-oz.) can cream of chicken soup (don’t add water)
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 (11-oz.) can Mexicorn, drained (this is corn with red and green peppers)
- 1 seeded jalapeno, minced
These ingredients are added at the end (follow stove-top instructions for rice):
- 1 (6-oz.) box Farmhouse Spanish rice
- 1 (14-oz.) can diced tomatoes (needed to make the rice)
- 2 Tbsp. butter (needed to make the rice)
- 1.5 cups water (need to make the rice)
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheese, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
Slow Cooker Size:
- 5-quart or larger
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker. Sprinkle over the pepper, garlic powder and chili powder.
- Spread over the cream of chicken soup. Add the onions, Mexicorn, and jalapeno. (DO NOT ADD RICE, CHEESE OR SOUR CREAM YET!)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Towards the end of the cooking time start preparing the Farmhouse Spanish rice in a pan on the stove-top, you will need the diced tomatoes, butter and water to prepare. (If you use a different brand of Spanish rice use the ingredients listed on the box you buy)
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks, add the prepared rice, sour cream and 2 cups of the shredded cheese. Stir. Add remaining cheese on top and place the lid back on.
- Put the slow cooker on to HIGH and cook for an additional 20 minutes to let the flavors come together and to allow the cheese to melt.