- 1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 6 medium red potatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 tbs oil for browning
- Thickening (if desired):
- 3 tbs flour
- ¼ cup water
- In a large bowl, mis the soup, broth, mustard, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the sliced potatoes and the onions.
- Place in a 5-7 quart slow cooker.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chops well on both sides.
- Place chops on top of potato mixture and cook on low 4-6 hours, high 3-5 hours (times are approximate)
- If you want thicker sauce, mix flour and water so there are no lumps; turn cooker to high heat. Remove chops and stir flour mixture into potatoes. Place chops back in cooker and cook on high an additional 15-20 minutes until sauce is thick and fully cooked.