- 3 chicken breasts (I use small to medium-sized breasts. If you use large breasts then I’d recommend using 2 cans of cream of chicken or equal amount of homemade cream of chicken.)
- 1 packet dry Italian dressing
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 can cream of chicken soup OR equal amount of homemade cream of chicken (you can use more than 1 can, but I usually just use one since we’re a small family)
- dried parsley, optional
- freshly ground black pepper
- cooked brown rice
- Place chicken in your slow cooker. Sprinkle the Italian dressing evenly over chicken. In a small saucepan, cook the cream cheese and soup over low heat until cream cheese is completely incorporated and mixture is smooth. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. My slow cooker cooks this on low for 4 hours without drying out the chicken. Check yours before the 4 hour mark to be sure it isn’t overcooking. Shred chicken (I do it right in the slow cooker) and stir. You might prefer to dice the chicken. We prefer it slightly shredded and served over brown rice. Top with freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkling of dried parsley if you like.