A hearty slow cooker chicken pie soup, loaded with chicken and vegetables. This comforting dish is perfect for chilly months!
- 1lb boneless chicken breast
- 3/4C onion
- 1/2C celery
- 3/4C carrots
- 7oz can peas, drained (roughly 3/4C)
- 7oz can corn, drained (roughly 3/4C)
- 3 1/2C russet potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 1/2C chicken broth
- 1 1/2C heavy cream
- 1/3C all purpose flour*
- Trim chicken breast of any fat. Chop onion, celery and carrots into small pieces. Peel and chop potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Drain peas and corn. Mince garlic.
- To the bowl of a 5-6 quart slow cooker add prepared chicken and vegetables, along with salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaf and chicken broth. Cover and allow to cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Remove chicken breast, shred and return to slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour and heavy cream until smooth. Pour into slow cooker, stirring to combine. Replace cover and continue cooking for an additional 30-45 minutes.
- Serve warm.