Serves: 6 Servings
- 1½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4.5 oz) can green chiles
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1½ Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- Toppings (optional): Cilantro, avocado, shredded cheese
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, add chicken and the rest of ingredients, cover and place on high for 3 to 4 hours or low 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks then add back into the slow cooker. Season with additional salt and seasonings if needed.
- Spoon soup into bowls and top with favorite toppings, enjoy!