- 1.5 lbs frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3½ cups Alfredo sauce, divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- Garnish: black pepper and parsley
- Place the frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breast in the crockpot. Add 2½ cups of warm Alfredo sauce and cook on high for about two hours before separating the chicken breasts.
- Cook on high for about six hours. Tear or cut the chicken into pieces. You can continue cooking the chicken for another hour if you aren’t ready for dinner yet. Or since the chicken is cooked, you can move onto the next step at this point.
- After the chicken is fully cooked and shredded, add 1 cup Alfredo sauce, minced garlic, black pepper and refrigerated three cheese tortellini. Cook on high for 15 minutes until tender and heated through.
- Garnish with black pepper and parsley.
If using dried or frozen tortellini, partially cook it in boiling water, following the instructions on your package, before adding it to the slow cooker. It will finish cooking in the slow cooker.