- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (6-inch) strips aluminium foil, each bunched into a ball
- 1 can (16 ounces) beer
- 1 (6 1/2 to 7 pound) whole chicken
- Mix smoked paprika, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place 4 balls of aluminum foil on bottom of slow cooker crock. Pour beer into crock.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Rub chicken with seasoning mixture. Place chicken on top of foil in crock.
- Cover slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 to 7 hours. Chicken is well done when meat temperature registers 165°F in the breast or 175°F-180°F in the thickest part of the thigh.
- USDA recommends 165°F as the safe eating temperature for chicken. Chicken is done when meat temperature registers 165°F in the breast or 175°F-180°F in the thickest part of the thigh. For more information on food safety, visit foodsafety.gov.