- 4 (14.5 oz.) cans green beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 slices thickly-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled, 2 tablespoons drippings reserved
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If using, heat 2 tablespoons reserved bacon drippings in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sauté until softened and translucent. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, then remove from heat.
- Place green beans and onions (including remaining bacon grease) in a lightly greased slow cooker, then pour BBQ ketchup mixture over them.
- Mix everything together until incorporated, then top with crumbled bacon.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 4-5 hours. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Spicy Southern Kitchen