- 2 (24-oz.) jars RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp.dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles (see below for cooking instructions, these don’t get cooked or added until after the sauce cooks for 6 hours)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup ricotta
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6-quart or larger
- Pour the jars of Ragu in to the slow cooker. In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, brown the meat and onions together. After the meat is browned add the garlic, cook for a minute a longer. Drain the fat. Add the salt, oregano and basil and stir. Pour the meat onto the sauce in the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- After the cooking time is up, cook the noodles as directed on the package in boiling water on the stove-top. I cooked my noodles for exactly 8 minutes after adding them to the boiling water. The noodles will cook a bit more after adding them to the slow cooker.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the meat sauce in the slow cooker. Stir, then flatten the noodles in an even layer.
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, ricotta and salt. The cream cheese will be in small chunks, but that is fine.
- Dollop the cream cheese/ricotta mixture over the spaghetti, then use a spatula to even it out over the spaghetti. Add the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook for an extra 20 minutes on LOW.
- Serve and enjoy!