- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and finely chopped
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce
- Microwave ground chicken and garlic in bowl, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off liquid and transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Stir in bell pepper, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 2 to 3 hours on LOW.
- Stir in water chestnuts and rice and cover until thoroughly heated, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in scallions and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Separate and wash Bibb lettuce leaves, then pat dry.
- Serve chicken filling with lettuce leaves.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1/6th): According to my calculations, each generous serving of slow cooker chicken wraps has about 526 calories, 12.4 g fat, 3.3 g sat fat, 135 mg cholesterol, 787 mg sodium, 51.4 g carbs, 7.6 g sugars, 2.4g fiber, 49 g protein.
I think you could very easily get 8 good-size portions with this recipe, since the 6 servings suggested by the original recipe makes very full wraps. Increasing the number of servings to 8 reduces the calories per serving to 394.