Do you love pasta or noodles? We can’t blame you because pasta dishes are highly versatile meaning you can eat them in several ways and with different dishes, but most of all, pasta is a delicious dish. Since it’s versatile, you can get the best of it by trying out different variations it comes in. If you’re quite the explorer when it comes to food then you will love the one pan shrimp fettuccine alfredo.
It’s a dish that’s made with noodles, and of course, some shrimp as the name suggests making it particularly great for seafood lovers. This pasta dish is worth a try at a restaurant but the best part is that you can make it by yourself at home. Below is a simple recipe for one pan shrimp fettuccine alfredo that you can follow in your kitchen:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
16 ounces large shrimp peeled, deveined, and tails removed
2 cloves garlic minced
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
8 ounces fettuccine noodles dry
1 cup parmesan cheese grated
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon pepper
parsley as a garnish
In a sauté pan over medium heat, add two tablespoons of butter. Once hot, add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes each side, or until opaque. Transfer to a plate or bowl and cover to keep warm.
There are several reasons why you should try this dish aside from the delectable taste. They include:
- If you’re a weight watcher, you will love the fact that the fettuccine noodles used in the dish will keep you feeling full for a longer period. So, eat a reasonable amount of it and you can be sure you will have no hunger pangs.
- The fettuccine noodles are low in fat and sodium so this one pan shrimp fettuccine alfredo protects you from high blood pressure, reduces your risk of heart disease, and even diabetes.
- The shrimp used in this dish is low in calories but is still packed with nutrients. First, 90% of the calories found in shrimp are from proteins and the rest from healthy fats that we need in our bodies.
- While shrimp generally has a bad reputation if we’re talking cholesterol levels, you should shift your mind away from that thought. This is because according to research, a significantly low percentage of people are sensitive to this kind of dietary cholesterol. Therefore, the cholesterol in shrimp has little impact on your body. However, shrimp contains omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants that keep you healthy.
- The dish also includes chicken broth that’s known to keep your bones healthy and protect you from joint pains. This is because it contains gelatin that breaks down and forms the collagen which is good for your bones.
- Chicken broth also helps you get better sleep. This is thanks to the presence of amino acids in it.
- You will also get more protein from this one pan shrimp fettuccine alfredo because of the milk and the heavy cream you’ll use in the preparation process.
Tips for preparing the best one pan shrimp fettuccine alfredo to include:
- Using high-quality milk
- Ensuring you use fresh shrimp
- Making sure the chicken broth is well made
That said, if you’ve always been a fan of seafood and noodles then there’s every reason for you to give the one pan shrimp fettuccine alfredo a try because it is not only delicious but is also nutritious.