Back to Top
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
30 min to prepare 2 dozen cookies
- For the dough:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Pinch of salt
- For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, sugar, and almond extract in a large bowl and beat until creamy. Slowly add in flour and salt and mix until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- After an hour, take dough out of the fridge, and roll into one inch balls. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Make a pocket for the jam by pressing your thumb (or little finger, if you want smaller pockets) into each ball of dough. Fill with 1/4 teaspoon of raspberry jam.
- Bake for 15 minutes, let cool for 1 minute before transferring to wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar, water, and almond extract to make glaze, and drizzle over cooled cookies. Enjoy!