Summer is in full swing and so are the County Fairs and Carnivals. I know we all have that beloved favorite treat that we just have to get while visiting the fair! Well, my family’s favorite “go to” fair food is the Funnel Cake and these Funnel Cake Bites taste just as good if not better than what you find at your local fair. These are made in the comfort of your own kitchen and can be enjoyed all year round!
Jenn had really good luck using a small cookie scoop to measure out and drop in the dough! Thanks Jenn!
Working with any kind of hot oil can be dangerous. Make sure you take proper precautions when making these. The oil does not need to be on a high heat at all. Just enough to make it warm and keep it warm.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 6 table spoons of butter- Melted
- In a medium size bowl mix your milk, egg, vanilla, and butter together.
- Then add in your salt, baking soda, and sugar.
- Slowly fold in flour until batter becomes smooth.
- Pour your batter mixture into a gallon size Ziplock baggy and set aside for a few minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan until your oil is about a half inch deep.
- Turn burner on high heat for about two minutes and then turn down to medium heat.
- Check your oil by dropping a small drop of batter into oi. If it begins to show bubbles around the edges then it is ready. If not than turn it up a bit again until it is good and hot.
- Take scissors and cut a small hole into the bottom corner of the baggie. Slowly drizzle batter into 1 to 2 circles and cook until golden brown on the bottom half.
- Gently flip them over with a slotted metal spatula and cook again until the bottom half is golden brown.
- Place on paper towels to soak up most of the grease and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with whip cream or fruit to top them off with.
Recipe Source : Domestic Mommy Hood