30 minutes to prepare serves 4-6
- 1 (14 oz.) package kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 1 large head green cabbage, cored and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, optional, garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion until softened and translucent. 6-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, then mix in vinegar, stirring to scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom of pan.
- Push onion and garlic to the sides of skillet and add sliced kielbasa to the center of pan, cooking for 2-3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Add butter and Dijon mustard to pan, then stir in cabbage and season with paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted and browned on the edges.
- Serve hot, with fresh parsley as garnish, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Peace Love and Low Carb