- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tart medium apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Work in oil and apple juice concentrate with your fingers until coarse crumbs form.
- Firmly press 2 cups of the oat mixture into prepared pan. Arrange apples over crust in three rows.
- Mix walnuts into remaining oat mixture. Sprinkle walnut mixture evenly over apples and pat firmly into an even layer.
- Bake until top is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
4 g fat
0 g sat
29 g carbohydrates
2 g protein
1 g fiber
SmartPoints value : 5