2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 large celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large soup pot, combine the potatoes, onion, carrots, celery and broth over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the potatoes are just tender- about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, peas, oregano, salt and pepper. Continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender- about 10 minutes longer. Remove the pot from heat. Top individual servings with 1 tablespoon fresh basil and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use a brand of chicken broth that is known to be GF.
- Nutritional information per serving (servings size 1 1/2 cups): calories: 132, fat: 2.6g, saturated fat: 2.1g, cholesterol: 9.9mg, sodium: 1404mg, potassium: 976mg, carbohydrates: 22g, fiber: 5.6g, sugars: 6.2g, protein: 7.2g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 3, PointsPlus: 3, Old Points Program: 2