Author: EASY BEEF STEW
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped or diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- fresh thyme, 3 stalks or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 500g beef, cubed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- On medium heat and in a medium-sized pot, fry the onion in the butter until soft.
- Add the garlic and thyme cook for one minute.
- Dust the meat in the flour and then add to the pot and brown the meat.
- Add the tomato paste, sweet potato, carrots, chicken stock and salt
- Put the lid on the pot and allow to simmer on low heat for 90 minutes (you can increase to 120 minutes to increase tenderness of the meat)
- Take the lid off and increase the heat to medium and allow to boil for 5 minutes uncovered to reduce the liquid and thicken the stew.
- Serve with rice, mash potato or pasta or enjoy just as it is!