If you are looking for a nice and delicious way to prepare your gumbo you got it! This crockpot gumbo is magnificent! Check it out and let me know what you think.
– 3 tbsps of oil.
– 2 cups of frozen cut okra.
– 1 large chopped green bell pepper.
– 1/4 tsp of ground red cayenne pepper.
– 1 can of undrained diced tomatoes.
– 1 1/2 cups of uncooked regular long grain white rice.
– 3 tbsps of flour.
– 1/2 pound of smoked sausage cut into 1/2 inch slices.
– 1 large chopped onion.
– 3 minced cloves of garlic.
– 1/4 tsp of pepper.
– 1 package of rinsed frozen shelled deveined cooke medium shrimp.
– 3 cups of water.
Mix the oil and flour in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
Continue cooking over medium heat for 10 minutes then place in a 3 1/2 to 4 qt crockpot.
Add in all of the ingredients but the shrimp, rice and water. And cook covered on low for 7 to 9 hours.
When it’s time to serve, cook the rice according to the package instructions and add the shrimp and gumbo mixture to the crockpot.
Mix until well combined and cook on low for 20 more minutes.
Serve over rice and Enjoy!
Easy, peasy and delicious! This is one of those must-try recipes! Trust me, you’re missing a lot, give this a try, you’ll thank me later.