- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs and oil. Add the cinnamon, white and brown sugars, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Fold in the apples and the nuts and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 4