- 20 oz bag refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes or Reser’s)
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted (I use Land O’Lakes)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced or shredded
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 (10.75 oz) can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup Buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot wing sauce)
- 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar, shredded (such as Cabot)
- 2 oz full fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional garnish: 1 scallion, sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the shredded potatoes in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with the melted butter and black pepper. Stir together and then add the diced or shredded chicken. Add the sour cream, cream of chicken soup and wing sauce and stir together until well combined.
- Mix the full fat and reduced fat cheddar together and add 4 ounces of it into the bowl with the chicken and potatoes. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Transfer the chicken and potato mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly across the dish. Sprinkle the remaining 2 ounces of cheddar over the top of the other ingredients in the dish and place into the pre-heated oven. Bake for 45-60 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through and the edges are golden. Remove from heat and sprinkle with scallions if desired. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.
302 calories, 22 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 9 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 31 g protein, 2 g fiber