Back to Top
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxmeal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 1 large or 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (about 1 large)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly mist two loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flaxmeal and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt) and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, grate carrot and zucchini. Add in sugar, oil, applesauce and a teaspoon of vanilla. Add in flaxmeal mixture and fold gently to combine. Gradually stir in dry ingredients to carrot mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared loaf pans. Smooth the top lightly with a spatula. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until tester comes out clean and top is golden brown.
- Let cool for about 15-20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve warm. Leftovers keep well in fridge for 3-4 days.
- Yield 2 loaves, 16 servings