Carrot Cake Poke Cake
One of my favorite thing about poke cakes are the different flavor combinations. You start with the flavor of the cake, then drizzle some sort of liquid over the holes that you poke in the cake and top it with a delicious frosting.
I love how the cake soaks up all of the liquid and becomes super moist. And, this cake mix carrot cake recipe is no different. Moist and flavorful with an easy fluffy cream cheese frosting. And, caramel. And, nuts. *swoon*
Tips for Making this Cake Mix Carrot Cake Recipe
- Make sure you start with a preheated oven. It saves time having your oven ready to go.
- Grease your cake pan the easy way – use a non-stick cooking spray.
- I use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake – the size of the holes are just perfect for this recipe.
- Let the cake cool slightly before poking the holes and drizzling on the topping. A warm (not hot) cake will absorb the liquid best.
- Let the cake cool completely before adding the frosting. You don’t want it to melt.
Click Next Button Below to see the Full Recipe