WHAT ARE CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE BARS?
These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars have a flaky shortbread crust, a simple cheesecake filling, and has cinnamon apples and a brown sugar streusel on top. Drizzle caramel sauce on top when serving. I like Mrs. Richardson’s caramel or any other brand that’s on the thicker side.
You can add the caramel on top of the caramel apple cheesecake bars right before serving or before you chill them.
This recipe is always requested any time I bring it anywhere.
CAN I FREEZE THESE CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE BARS?
Absolutely. You can freeze these caramel apple cheesecake bars. Just like most cheesecakes, this recipe freezes well. Just make sure to save the caramel topping for when serving.
If you love these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars, you’ll love this recipe
Yield: Makes one 8 X 8-inch dish
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 Granny Smith apple
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup oats
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
12 individually wrapped caramels
1 tablespoon heavy cream
OR salted caramel sundae topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8 X 8-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the crust: graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter, and mix well with a fork.
- Place crust mixture into prepared baking dish, pressing down gently with your fingers.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until soft and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, egg and vanilla and beat until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Pour over crust, spreading evenly.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the apple layer: brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Mix well.
- Peel, core and dice the apple into small pieces. Add to dry ingredients and toss to coat.
- Distribute evenly over the cheesecake layer in the baking dish.
- In another medium bowl, combine ingredients for streusel topping: brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and melted butter. Mix welll until a coarse meal is formed. Sprinkle evenly over apple layer.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until streusel is golden.
- Transfer baking dish to a wire rack to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for an hour or more to set.
- For the caramel drizzle, in a microwavable bowl, melt the caramels on increments of 30 seconds, until smooth, stirring in between. Allow to cool slightly and stir in the heavy cream.
- Drizzle with homemade caramel sauce or caramel sundae sauce topping before serving.