yield: 6 (1 SCANT CUP) SERVINGS
- ½ cup chopped red apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 slices center cut bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- ¾ cup sliced red grapes
- ½ cup shredded or matchstick carrots
- 1 medium scallion, chopped
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup low fat mayonnaise (I used Hellmann’s)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Place the chopped apples in a large mixing bowl and add the lemon juice. Stir to coat the apples. Add the chopped bacon, broccoli florets, grapes, carrots, scallions and sunflower seeds and stir until well combined.
- In a separate dish, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and apple cider vinegar and stir until combined. Add the mayo mixture to the other ingredients and stir until well coated. Store in the refrigerator and serve chilled or at room temperature.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (1 SCANT CUP*):
140 calories, 16 g carbs, 9 g sugars, 7 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 6 g protein, 2 g fiber