Back to Top
- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients called for on package
- 2 (3.4 oz) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Prepare yellow cake in a 9×13-inch baking pan according to package instructions. Let cool completely.
- Once cake has cooled, poke holes all over the cake using the end of a wooden spoon.
- While cake cools, whisk together the instant pudding, milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Before the pudding has a chance to set up and thicken, pour it evenly over the cake. Place in refrigerator to chill for one hour.
- Once cake has chilled, make the chocolate ganache:
- Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and heat cream until simmering on the stovetop over low heat. (You can also heat it in the microwave.)
- Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes to soften the chocolate. Stir until smooth and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour chocolate over cake and smooth with a spatula. Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours and up to overnight before slicing and serving. Enjoy!