I used to sell several lines of kitchenware through home parties.
This blueberry poundcake recipe came from the hostess at one of those parties.
It’s been a favorite ever since!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease a 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is well combined.
- Beat in eggs.
- Stir blueberries into flour mixture.
- By hand, stir blueberry mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in milk just until combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in a 325 degrees F oven for 60 to 75 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Loosen cake from edge of pan with a narrow metal spatula.
- Remove cake from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- NOTE: This is excellent all by itself, but would be great with a little added lemon zest or a couple handfuls of white chocolate chips. Or maybe a mixture of blueberries and raspberries.
- Oooh, that would be pretty.