lbs cubed beef stew meat
1 onion, chopped
1 package brown gravy mix
1⁄4 cup soy sauce
1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 cups water
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 cup water
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- Saute the onion until translucent.
- Add stew meat and cook on high heat until meat is browned on all sides (3-5 minutes). Pour 2 cups water, soy sauce, and worcestershire sauce into the skillet.
- Stir in garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Then combine the gravy mix with 1 cup of water, mix thoroughly and stir into the meat. Bring to boil, stirring frequently until it slightly thickens.
- Serve over egg noodles.