Servings: 7 – Serving Size: 1 cup
- 5 1/2 cups cooked spaghetti squash (from about 2 small)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup flour (use 2 tbsp corn starch for gf)
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth (vegetable broth for vegetarian)
- 8 oz Sargento 2% reduced fat mild cheddar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups (about 4 oz) baby spinach
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
Cut the squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Place squash on a baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Separate the strands of squash with a fork and place in a medium bowl; discard shells. Maintain the oven temperature.
Add milk and chicken broth and continue whisking, raising heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil and becomes smooth and thick, about 2 minutes stirring; season with salt and pepper.
Once it becomes thick, remove from heat, add cheddar cheese and mix well until cheese is melted. Adjust salt and pepper to taste, add cooked spaghetti squash and baby spinach, pour into a baking dish and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bakeuntil bubbly and golden 25 to 30 minutes.
Makes 7 cups.
Pointsplus: 5 – Smart Points: 4
Calories: 165 | Fat: 8 g | Protein: 10 g | Carb: 16 g | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 6.5 g | Sodium: 278.5 mg (without salt)