These are so delicious! This is a great way to setup leftover potatoes after a big meal. The combination of bacon, potato and cheese is unbelievably amazing! The green onion and spices make these really tasty and the flavor is delicious!
Bacon and Cheddar Potato Cakes with Green Onions and Garlic
Wow these are amazing and one of my most popular recipes! Easy to make bacon and cheddar potato cakes will be a huge hit!
* 6 slices bacon
* 4 cups mashed potatoes
* 2 eggs
* 2-3 cloves garlic grated or finely chopped
* 6-8 green onions finely sliced
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
1. Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes.
2. Remove the bacon slices, drain on paper towels, crumble, and set aside.
3. Leave the bacon drippings in the skillet.
4. Add garlic and green onions and saute for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly soft.
5. Drain. Mix mashed potatoes, eggs, onion powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; stir in the crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and sauteed garlic and green onions.
6. Form the mixture into 8 patties.
7. Heat the bacon drippings over medium/medium high heat, and pan-fry the patties in the drippings until crisp on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
8. Drain on paper towels.
I also bake my bacon on a broiler pan in the oven at 375F. The drippings will drain to the bottom of pan so it’s less greasy & bacon will stay nice, straight & crisp & won’t curl up.